Uzbekistan Cotton Policy
Designworks Ethical policy incorporates the international Labour Organisation conventions and the
principles of the United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
Our Ethical Sourcing Policy prohibits the use of child labour and forced labour by our suppliers.
Our policy also prohibits the use of child labour and forced labour by our suppliers. All suppliers
of product to Designworks must adhere to our commitment below:
• Do not source fibre, yarn, fabric and textiles manufactured from Uzbek cotton
• Do not source from spinners and mills that use Uzbek cotton.
• To provide a Certificate of Origin or Invoice showing the country of origin and the name of the mill.
• To integrate these requirements into our procurement processes.
• Ensure the facility maintains complete and accurate documentation for transparency to
To further demonstrate our commitment to Labour & Human Rights, Designworks has made a
Pledge Against Child and Adult Forced Labor in Uzbek Cotton, working closely with the Responsible
Sourcing Network which enforces our firm opposition to the use of forced child and adult labour
in the harvest of Uzbek cotton.
A full list of the multi-stakeholder coalition along with full Pledge copy is available here